Competition - Penalty Reporting
Western Region Penalty Reporting
Report all Major or Fully Served Penalties
- All teams are required to report any major or fully served penalties to G&T within 24 hours.
- All penalties code 14 & higher
- This is both the offending and non-offending team
- All reports are to be submitted via webform
- All reports by the offending team must include a copy of the game sheet
- The copy must be a single image, in PDF or JPEG format
- The copy quality must be clear enough to read the officiating comments on the game sheet. Most cell phones will take a good enough picture for this, but CHECK it first!
- The non-offending team is not required to submit a copy of the game sheet but may be asked to provide one of the offending team's copy is simply not legible (usually when the scorekeeper does not use a proper pen)
Simple? Yep! While the head coach is responsible for making sure this is done, this is a great job to delegate to a parent.
Why do we track penalties?
- To look at initiatives that can make our game safer. This may include sharing statistics (but not player information) with Officiating or any other committee.
- To be able to track the success of initiatives.
- To be able to provide feedback to an association if a player or team's behaviour appears to be escalating.