Western Region Ringette Association 2015 Officiating Clinics
Register through the Ringette Canada Web Site
- Level 1 Clinics (cost $120 for level 1):
- Level 1 clinic Sat Sept 24 8:00 am - 1:00 pm WERC Guelph
- Level 1 clinic Sat Oct 1 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm St. Marys Pyramid Center
- Level 1 Clinic Sat Oct 15 8:30 am - 2:00 pm RIM Park Waterloo
- Level 2/3 Clinic (cost $50):
- 2/3 clinic Sun Oct 16th 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm RIM Park Waterloo
Steve Baker from London continues assigning officials for A/AA games using the Arbiter. Referee in Chiefs will be responsible to schedule U12PP and one official for U14A as well as all exhibition games.
We still have a shortage of high level refs for Open A and U18AA and U16AA in the region and this will be the case for some time until we can build up our refs and get them through the ranks. We continue to struggle covering the demands of games on weekends, especially when there are tournament happening that weekend. It will be a very busy season with league games, exhibition games, tournaments, NRL, AAA challenges, regionals, provincials and CRCs. Associations should try to schedule back to back ice for similar levels games in order to help with scheduling referees.
Western Region currently has 6 evaluators. It is my goal to get all referees in Western region evaluated at some point during this ringette season. Referees should be encouraged to attend tournaments as they have a better chance of being evaluated and can learn from the experience.
Click here to Email
with any questions