Regret: Mt Forest, Ripley, and Talbot Trail Rep
2.0 Introduction of the Tween AA Team
3.0 Roll Call
4.0 Minutes of May 2004 Annual General Meeting
Motion #1 - We accept the Mat 2nd, 2004 Annual General Meeting
5.0 Business arising from the minutes - none
6.0 Motion #2 - the agenda be accepted as amended
7.0 Co-ordinator Reports:
Coaching - Kate & Mike
See Report - New CI Clinics A & AA levels, 4 parts
Elite Development - Luc
See Report. For the 2005-2006 season, The RAT team Head Coach, Bill Rodgers, Assistant
Coach, Jodi Mitchell, Assistant Coach, RD Branton, Manager, Chuck Belanger. Support our RAT
team, ice time - they will need 2 hours of ice, and 1 hour for them to work with your team.
Officiating - Bill
See Report. Rule Change Year - 4 clinics (one for each league)
Clinics to begin late September or early October. Dates and locations will be posted to the web-site.
Membership Services - Ken
See Report. Visit the ORA website to print off the most update tryout/release form. Registrar's
workshop at our September meeting.
Annual General Meeting
April 27, 2005
7.0 Adult Development - Sheri
See Report. New Adult Challenge Cup will be introduced in April 2006 for the levels A, B, C, Rec
and Masters. Event will be hosted by Markham for the next 5 years. See Getaway Camp 2005
Athlete Development - Glen
See Report. Contact Glen re: host skill clinics. Up to $120 grant monies to reimburse one
centre from each league.
Games & Tournament - Janet & Keith
See Report. Prelims 'AA' - last week of January. February 17th 'A' Prelims, host Elora-Fergus. Changes to tournament report procedures. Submission of monthly game sheets. Thank you to Tillsonburg hosting Prelims this past season.
Regionals 2005, thank you to everyone who helped, without your help this tournament would not
be possible. Economic Impact discussed. Guelph, Elora-Fergus has already indicated they
would be willing to host for 2006. Looking at DATA Base for game scores to be entered, both
scheduled and exhibition games alike.
1st Vice-Chair - Chris
See Report. Promotional program details are on website of Western Region. Submission from
Forest - flyer, Bring-A-Friend.
2nd Vice-Chair - Glen
Motion #3 - the Regional Co-ordinator reports be accepted.
London/St Thomas, carried
8.0 Treasurer's Report - Jeanette
Motion #4 - the Treasurer's report be accepted as printed.
Guelph/St Clements, carried
9.0 Acting Chair of Athlete Development, Glen - Anyone interested in locating a University Ringette
team, contact Karen Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org for contact names.
10.0 Eagle Lake Draw - Tillsonburg alternative Woolwich
11.0 New Business:
1. RAT team, recommendation from the executive. Motion #5 - The Region sponsor the RAT Team for $2000 and the registration fee of one tournament.
2. Stratford team, recommendation from the executive. Motion #6 - Region support the Stratford Tween AA team for their trip to Eastern Tween Championship in the amount of $500. Scott Skinner/London, carried
3. Lindsey Vivian, recommendation from the executive. Motion #7 - the Region support Lindsey Vivian in the amount of $250 for her trip to the Nationals 2005. Chatham/London, carried
Annual General Meeting
April 27, 2005
4. Agnes Jacks, recommendation from the executive. Motion #8 - the Region donate $500 to the Agnes Jacks' Scholarship Fund in memory of Agnes Jacks. Elora-Fergus/St Thomas, carried
5. Boys in Ringette, motion by London/Dorchester - males competing at the Regionals. Discussion. Call to vote. Motion defeated.
6. Overage players process, older players dropping back to play at lower level....League involvement very important.
7. Mike Guiler, London - questions....where to get answers.
12.0 Report on Education, Talent Identification, Recruitment and Skill Development.
Chairperson - Chris Beuglet
1st Vice-Chair - TBA
Secretary - Wendy Allen
AGM of Ontario Ringette to be held May 27-29, 2005 in Toronto
15.0 Chairman's Report - Mary
16.0 Presentation to Luc....many thanks
Position Openings: Athlete Co-ordinator, Elite Development & A League Co-ordinator and 1st
17.0 London Camp - still has openings
Motion #9 - Motion to adjourn the Western Region 2005 Annual General Meeting.
Secretary - Wendy
C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U9NCXSBQ\agm.april.27.2005.minutes.frm
September 15, 2005