November 16, 2004-11-16
Report from the Coaching Directorate, Western Region
- Four Level I (CSI) coaching clinics have thus far been held in our region:
- Clinics in London, Exeter, Stratford, and Hanover
- 80 coaches have completed the course thus far
- One additional Level I (CSI) clinic is still to occur – this will take place in Guelph in December. An additional 30 coaches are expected to participate in this last clinic.
- As usual Western Region will host one Level II Technical II course this year. It is planned for Nov 27-28 in London. At this time 30 coaches are registered for this clinic.
- A number of coaches are working through the 3 practice component of their Practical II component to complete their Level II certification.
- NCCP coaching passport cards have not been processed from clinics occurring last year. We don’t expect them anytime soon. ORA keeps a database of all attendees at our clinics so rest assured if you attended a coaching clinic in the last 2 years I will have a record of your attendance and completion.
- We look forward to reviewing the certification of all bench staff after Jan 8, 2005!
Mike O’Grady and Kate Gibson