Volunteer Arena Coodinators Duties:
This position is primarily responsible for the sign in of teams and the game sheet for each game, working closely with the Timekeepers, Score keepers, and the on site Region Executive to insure the following duties are accomplished.
- Facilitate signing of game sheets before each game (includes player names and sweater issues) Indicate "G" and "AG" on sheet. Game Sheets are preprinted and in game sequence by pad.
- in Western Fair all Dressing Room Keys are issed by the facility staff at the Front Desk
- In Carling Arena at start of day the opening volunteer is responsible to obtain all dressing room keys from Arena staff. Note some arenas may require game boards go down and up each day.
- At end of day at Carling the closing volunteer is responsible to return all dressing room keys to the Arena staff
- Assign dressing rooms.
- Issue game sheet to scorekeeper for each game after signatures and changes. Note if no shot clock operator, timekeeper or scorekeeper has shown to pick up the game sheet prior to game time notify the region executive in charge.
- Sell Regional Programs and Draw Tickets
- Receive game sheet back from scorekeeper after game. Verify that all scores and signatures are complete.
- Separate and provide copies to teams upon return of room keys
- Pay referees, shot clock operators, timekeepers and scorekeepers obtaining signatures for all money dispensed.
- Each arena has been provided game boards for all divisions at start of each day the arena volunteers post the game boards and keeps them updated during the day from master game list. The Region Executive will maintain the master game score listing in contact with other arenas and the tournament office.
- Give Region Executive the original game sheet.
On site Regional Executive Duties:
- Assist and support the onsite volunteers in performing their duties. Where there are no shows or the slot is not full insure their duties are covered.
- Keep the arena on schedule using running clocks, bunny curfews 3 minute warm ups and early game starts.
- Monitor all games enforcing the region code of conduct where necessary
- Coordinate all emergency services and/or requirements with arena staff
- Refer all problems and complaints to the tournament office for resolution
- Insure all referees, shot clock operators, timekeepers and scorekeepers are in place prior to game time. If timekeepers or scorekeepers are not available grab volunteers from team spectators. If shot clock operator is not available request home team to provide. If referees are not in place coordinate with Referee in Chief and/or tournament office and/or referees from last game.
- Coordinate resolution of all problems - troubleshoot as necessary.
- Take responsibility for arena box and monies before and at end each day and overnight.
- Coordinate and present all medals to Bunny Teams and Medal Games. Each arena's medals are boxed and labeled by game. If there are insufficient the main office has extras.
- Keep the master game scoring list up to date and work with the arena volunteers to insure the game boards are updated
- Phone in game scores to the Control Center at West End Lions Lair
- Insure all game sheets get to tournament headquarters for score verification and final standing determination. The region will attempt to have timely runners do a pickup but the last games of the day on Saturday may have to be phone verified and/or delivered.
- Help everyone have a good time